LEADFREE Archives

November 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Ofer Cohen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 12:47:02 +0200
Hello all,
As we are starting the development of a long-term cost sensitive project, I
have to place in the design guidelines requirements for the lead free
technology.

Can you please advise:
1.      Which laminates will survive dual-reflow + 2 repair thermal cycle?
We are looking for the cheapest possible materials, preferably based on
glass-epoxy.
2.      Are the compliant laminate already in stable production? If not -
when?
3.      Do these laminates have the same electrical characteristics
(breakdown voltage, electrical losses, Dk) as the FR4?
4.      Do the new pastes have different specifications from the stencil?
pads design?

Regards
Ofer Cohen
Manager - Quality Assurance, Reliability and Production Technologies
Seabridge LTD