LEADFREE Archives

September 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Whittaker, Dewey (EHCOE)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:17:05 -0700
Actually, it's more like 0.003, but who's counting. I have less of a
worry because I spec 0.0012 minimum and still have Tin/Lead over copper
in the hole. The people who have been lead to believe OSP over copper
with a SAC process is completely acceptable need to worry. And in the
Aerospace arena we will never be able to limit the reworks. Control of
the rework process is critical. The IPC didn't help in this area by
combining IPC-7711 and IPC-7721 and not recognizing the need to
establish requirements based on materials, process and Lead-free
acceptance criteria.
Dewey