LEADFREE Archives

July 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
EMTC Ireland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:49:38 +0100
Dave

Hopefully this info helps in relation to the Enforcement/Policing of RoHS
and the establishment of a WEEE Registration Agency for the Irish Republic.

Best Rgds
Moss

RoHS Enforcement

"The Agency (in other words the Environmental Protection Agency www.epa.ie)
shall be responsible for the enforcement of these Regulations within the
State and shall take such steps as are necessary for this purpose."

Taken from;
S.I. No. 341 of 2005 - WASTE MANAGEMENT (RESTRICTION OF CERTAIN HAZARDOUS
SUBSTANCES IN ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT)
http://www.environ.ie/DOEI/DOEIPol.nsf/wvNavView/Waste+Electrical+&+Electron
ic+Equipment?OpenDocument&Lang=

WEEE Registration

Under the new Irish legislation implementing the EU Waste Electrical and
Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive, Producers and importers of
electronics are required to register as a Producer with WEEE Register, the
newly established National WEEE Registration Body.

You must register if you ;
1. manufacture and sell EEE in the State,
2. manufacture EEE and export it out of the State,
3. rebrand EEE as your own and sell it in the State,
4. import EEE into the State.

Distance sellers i.e. those who sell EEE via the Internet or by
telephone/mail order should note that points 1 to 3 also apply to them.
The registration of producers under new regulations made by the Minister for
the Environment, Heritage and Local Government will be the responsibility of
WEEE Register Society Ltd. which will be responsible for registering
producers and determining producer market share as required by the EU
Directive on WEEE.

You must lodge an application with WEEE Register by 20 July 2005
http://www.envirocentre.ie/downloads/ELECTRONICS%20PRODUCERS.pdf