LEADFREE Archives

September 2007

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Ryan Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 13:50:53 -0600
As someone who manages some China supply chains, I agree 100%.  Mattel
is responsible for the lead paint, not the Chinese government.  After
all, the US government does not enforce compliance to RoHS for US
exports to the EU, nor are they asked to even know what laws exist in
other countries.  AND, if my company is non-compliant in the EU, then
the EU is not going to complain to the US government, but instead, my
company will be the one who gets strung up!

I suspect Mattel sales have plummeted and they are attempting to regain
consumer confidence by trying to shift the blame.  I think it will work
since most American consumers despise the Chinese for "supposedly"
taking their jobs away while greedily enjoying the low cost consumer
goods from China and the lowest unemployment rate of any country in the
world.

-Ryan Grant