LEADFREE Archives

May 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Nic Bowker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 5 May 2005 09:56:55 +0100
So to add my ha'pennys worth....

If we take it that the requirement to mark up is based on the point at which it goes on sale (i.e. just before it goes on the shelf to at your local retailer), does this not mean a major headache for your local electrical store? For example, say someone makes a piece of EEE but because they aren't selling it themselves they don't mark it. This then means that when it gets delivered to your local retailer they then have to run around and put stickers on it???

So my question/argument is what difference does it really make? Would it not be easier to just assume that simply when a product is made after 13th August 2005 (or whenever) it gets marked at the point it is made. Then nobody down the line has the hassle of "is this marked? is it not marked?".

Nic Bowker
Technical Resources Adviser
PLASA Ltd.
38 St Leonards Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 3UT, UK.
Tel:  +44 (0)1323 410335 : Fax: +44 (0)1323 646905
Email: [log in to unmask] : Website: www.plasa.org

When you're looking for Industry Expertise, make sure you choose a PLASA Member.