LEADFREE Archives

May 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Mon, 30 May 2005 19:51:08 -0500
Hi Genny, IPC LF Listservers,

Back awhile ago we had a long tread on this subject (Feb 2005). You might
have even been involved. Read that information.

BTW, Originally a long while ago, I was also against new P/N's because of
the R&D and the design records issues. At that time I was happy only with
an E/C (Engineering Level Change)

My only quick idea is to USE your Distributors or Service companies as your
hammer. I.E. Someone outside of your company that will remove you from the
argument. Distribution places are going to have to handle the logistics,
stocking, repair etc issues.

Components that are already fully RoHS compliant do not need a new part
number.

Good Luck, The sooner your company bites the bullet the better.

Yours in Engineering, Dave
YiEngr, MA/NY DDave