LEADFREE Archives

August 2002

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Kay Nimmo <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:23:38 +0100
Dear Joe

While it is true that amendments to EU legislation can be considered and proposed by e.g. the European Parliament or Council during the initial stages of legislative development, WEEE and RHS are now at the final stage of consideration where the introduction of new amendments is not possible within EU procedures. There is neither an intention nor a legislative possibility to introduce any such change into the draft directive at this stage.

Final Directives should be available in December.

I imagine that for any such amendement to be accepted at later legislation reviews a 100% collection and recycling rate for old equipment would have to be guaranteed - and dont forget that this would have to be at no (obvious) cost to the consumer.

regards
Kay