LEADFREE Archives

July 2007

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Jon Boyens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 14:49:17 -0400
Dear All,

My apologies.  I should have given you the direct addy for the U.S. TBT

Inquiry Point to send comments.  Anne Meininger is typically the one that

submits the comments, but she is out of the office today and tomorrow (as

you will find out if you send them to her) - and comments are due by this

Sat., July 21.

If you can get comments finished by COB tomorrow, you should send them

directly to: [log in to unmask]

Pat Harris is covering for Anne and should have access to them, but just

in case, please also copy her at: [log in to unmask]

If you CAN'T get them in by tomorrow, but still wish to comment by the

Sat. deadline, please email the Korean contact and copy the Notify U.S.

address:

Joongang-dong:   [log in to unmask]

Sorry for the confusion.

Jon

Jon Boyens

Standards Coordinator for Manufacturing Industries;

Associate Director,

Office of Technology and E-commerce

U.S. Department of Commerce

T: 202-482-0573

F: 202-482-0952

http://Export.gov/infotech

www.standards.gov

www.manufacturing.gov

----- Forwarded by Jon Boyens/MAS/ITA/USDOC on 07/19/2007 02:13 PM -----

Jon Boyens/MAS/ITA/USDOC

07/18/2007 11:02 AM

cc

Subject

Unofficial English Translation of Korea RoHS' Enforcement Ordinance

Dear All,

Please find attached the unofficial English translation of the Enforcement

Ordinance kindly provided by Motorola.  Its ~79 pages long, but I still

encourage those of you concerned with the regulation to provide comments

to the U.S. Inquiry Point per below.

If you are unable to receive the attachment, please contact me and I'll

send it to you again directly.

Best,

Jon

Jon Boyens

Standards Coordinator for Manufacturing Industries;

Associate Director,

Office of Technology and E-commerce

U.S. Department of Commerce

T: 202-482-0573

F: 202-482-0952

http://Export.gov/infotech

www.standards.gov

www.manufacturing.gov

Jon Boyens/MAS/ITA/USDOC

07/17/2007 05:07 PM

cc

Subject

Korea RoHS Deadline for TBT Comments: July 21, 2007

Dear All,

I just wanted to remind you that comments to Korea's RoHS-like regulation

via the TBT process is due this coming July 21.  I strongly recommend

commenting on it.  I've attached the notification, but recommend signing

up (if you aren't already) to DOC/NIST's Notify U.S. and sending your

comments through the U.S. Inquiry Point (Anne Meininger:

[log in to unmask]).  This will allow the USG to know what your main

concerns are so that we can try to address them bilaterally and

multilaterally and often makes it more likely that foreign governments

will respond to them.

To sign up to Notify U.S. and view this and other notification, please

visit: www.nist.gov/notifyus

Per my earlier email below, the English translation of the regulation can

be found at:

http://www.kece.eu/data/Korea_RoHS_ELV_April_2007_EcoFrontier.pdf

The Enforcement Ordinance is fairly detailed and lengthy.  If I can get an

English translation in the next day or two, I will forward.

Best,

Jon

Jon Boyens

Standards Coordinator for Manufacturing Industries;

Associate Director,

Office of Technology and E-commerce

U.S. Department of Commerce

T: 202-482-0573

F: 202-482-0952

http://Export.gov/infotech

www.standards.gov

www.manufacturing.gov

----- Forwarded by Jon Boyens/MAS/ITA/USDOC on 07/17/2007 04:38 PM -----

Jon Boyens/MAS/ITA/USDOC

04/18/2007 03:11 PM

cc

Subject

Final Korea RoHS legislation (English translation) and China Recycling

Measure

Dear All,

I hope you will find some of this information useful.

First, China’s Ministry of Commerce promulgated “Management Measures for

Recycling Renewable Resources,” to be implemented on May 1st, 2007.

http://www.sepa.gov.cn/hjyw/200704/t20070409_102573.htm

http://www.sepa.gov.cn/law/gz/bmhb/200704/t20070409_102574.htm

Second, the FINAL Korea RoHS Legislation was adopted on April 2, 2007 in

the Second Reading of the National Assembly.  An English translation has

been made available by Eco-Frontier at:

http://www.kece.eu/data/Korea_RoHS_ELV_April_2007_EcoFrontier.pdf.

Additional information on the differences b/w the DRAFT Bill and the FINAL

Bill (also in English) can be had at their web site:

http://www.ecofrontier.co.kr/eng/business/biz_sv.asp

If you'd like to be removed from this list or know others that would like

to be on it, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Jon

Jon Boyens

Standards Coordinator for Manufacturing Industries;

Associate Director,

Office of Technology and E-commerce

U.S. Department of Commerce

T: 202-482-0573

F: 202-482-0952

http://Export.gov/infotech

www.standards.gov

www.manufacturing.gov[attachment "KOR138.doc" deleted by Heidi

Hijikata/MAS/ITA/USDOC] [attachment "Enforcement

Ordinance_17_May_07_Korea_RoHS_in Korean.pdf" deleted by Heidi

Hijikata/MAS/ITA/USDOC]