LEADFREE Archives

July 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Andrew Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 23:12:27 +0100
Ummm, possibly because the metallurgy suggests there isn't a suitable
replacement for the high lead, high temp alloys. Nothing to date seems
likely to be able to meet the high temp requirement and come close to the
other physical performance requirements. Research projects are being run but
nothing to shout about yet - as far as I'm aware.

Best regards,

Andrew Hoggan
BBA Associates Ltd
www.bba-associates.com