LEADFREE Archives

April 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
to Paul Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 17:21:42 +0100
tony

ChrisJ has highlighted basically what you need to know. I have three
further suggestions:
1) if its a single IC you may be able to get it re-tinned
2) depends where your market is? if its the US you can carry on as before,
if its the EU you will have to be compliant
3) decide if you are making a product that is in exempt category...like
medical

There are no such things as RoHS waivers

regards
Paul

Paul R Taylor
Senior Engineer, RoHS Compliancy Group, IED
Pitney Bowes Ltd
The Pinnacles, Elizabeth Way, Harlow, Essex, CM19 5BD
tel: +44 1279 449 744      fax +44 1279 449 594
email: [log in to unmask]         website: www.pb.com

"Cosentino, Tony" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: Leadfree <[log in to unmask]>
27/04/2006 16:10
Please respond to
"(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)" <[log in to unmask]>; Please respond
"Cosentino, Tony" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject
[LF] End of life part

I have a specific situation that I need help with and I am turning to
this group for opinions and feedback. A while back we had a part that
was going end of life but before the part went end of life we did a last
time buy. These last time buy parts are not RoHS compliant and there are
no replacement parts available. We are faced with an inventory of parts
which are non-compliant and up coming shipments to fulfill. What are my
options? Do the parts that were bought previously need to be compliant
for us to use them in hardware labeled compliant? Are there exceptions
for end of life parts or parts which do not have replacements? Are there
waivers that can be obtained  to allow parts which do not have a
replacement?

Thanks for your opinions and feedback,
Tony Cosentino

To temporarily stop/(start) delivery of Leadree for vacation breaks send:
SET Leadfree NOMAIL/(MAIL)