LEADFREE Archives

January 2003

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Charles Dolci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Dolci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 08:24:23 -0800
The problem is not so much the silly articles, those are forgotten soon enough
(although the constant barrage of such things does have an affect). The real
problem is the kind of thing described in the included email. Tens of thousands
of students are going to be fed this propaganda and accept it as gospel because
they are not trained to be critical thinkers.
I love the statements "...to examine environmental racism within the context of
immigrant patterns, labor markets, and the historical patterns of colonialism
..." and "... will be critical reading for students and scholars in ethnic
studies, immigration, urban studies, gender studies, social movements, and the
environment..."

There will be something in there for every group that wants to claim victim
status (gender studies????).

Chuck Dolci

> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: The Silicon Valley of Dreams: Environmental Injustice, Immigrant