LEADFREE Archives

July 2001

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Wong Ee Hua <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leadfree Electronics Assembly E-Mail Forum.
Date:
Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:45:18 +0800
Very interesting discussions.

The thermal solution in the high power packages posts another challenge.

The thermal solution can result in large temperature gradient between the
case (exterior) and the solder of the component. This is especially true for
large component. More heat is then needed to ensure adequate temperature at
the solder.  The rest of the board will now experience an even higher
temperature than the case temperature of the component concerned.

I am not too optimisity that a generalised board reflow temperature of ~235C
will be possible.

Best regards
Wong Ee Hua
Member Technical Staff