LEADFREE Archives

November 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:14:57 EST
Hello Vladimir,
I have read your work on creep of SAC solders in the Journal of Electronic
Materials, and found it very interesting, especially with respect to the effect
 of Ag contents on rupture time.

We met in Toronto a few years ago, when you advocated a micro-mechanism
based approach for lead-free solder joint life predictions.  I am all  for it, and
I am interested in all possible approaches that can help us predict  solder
joint life in real board assemblies.

I am curiious about how your  model is coming along and how  your predictions
compare to thermal cycling results.  Do you  have publications / reports you
can refer us to?

Thanks,
Jean-Paul

In a message dated 11/16/2005 12:20:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,