LEADFREE Archives

December 2004

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Ryan Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:53:15 -0700
Carol, your lead-free component leads are likely 100% tin.  They will
solder just fine in the leaded wave!  (Reserve your lead-free wave for
true lead-free assemblies).  That thin tin coating on the leads of the
components will completely dissolve into the tin/lead solder in less
than 1/10 of second.  Besides, your tin/lead solder pot is set to 260C?
And you lead-free solder pot is set to what?  260C as well?

Ryan