LEADFREE Archives

March 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Kallin, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2006 09:04:50 -0800
As a follow up for those on this side of the pond, the marketing and use
directive is like the US hazard communication rules coupled with TSCA
and FIFRA and the CPSC.

The battery directive has recently undergone some significant revisions
which are expected to be finalized this summer.

The packaging directive addresses the volume and types of packaging and
limits the metal content of inks and coatings.

The DTI Site has some good English language summaries of these rules.
Scroll toward the bottom of
http://www.dti.gov.uk/sustainability/

Dan Kallin
Phone: 978.371.4155  Fax: 978.371.2468