LEADFREE Archives

July 2005

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Reuven ROKAH <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 08:27:54 +0300
Hi Hesse,

I don't have any names but I intend to interest some of our suppliers.

The % is the eutectic of 42Sn58Bi or 41Sn58Bi + 2Ag.

The melting temp is 138deg C. The HASL process should be easier than the
63Sn/37Pb alloy.

You should calculate the final solder joint, after the applying of solder
paste / wave soldering / hand soldering and the components leads plating.
I think the Bi final pollution / concentration will be less than 4%.

Any comment from the forum?

This transmission and any files attached to it contains confidential
and/or proprietary information and is intended only for the named
recipient.
re-transmission,
dissemination, disclosure or copying of this information is strictly
prohibited.

Best  Regards

Reuven  ROKAH

e mail: [log in to unmask]

                      "Hesse, Jack"
                      <Jack.Hesse@             To:      "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
                      sciatl.com>              cc:
                                               Subject: RE: [LF] HASL Tin / Bi
                      27/07/2005 16:45

Reuven,

What % of Bi is being used with the HASL alloy?  Do you know the names of
any board suppliers using this alloy?  The only consern would be using
these boards with the current SnPb solder paste if the Bi concentration in
the board is significant; above 4%.

Best Regards,

Jack Hesse
DFx Engineering