LEADFREE Archives

December 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Epstein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 09:57:36 -0800
I agree with you entirely.

Regards,
Brian Epstein
Sr Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Veeco Instruments
ph:  805-967-2700 ext 2315
fx:  805-967-7717
ce:  805-591-9587

-----Original Message-----
From: Larson, Quintin [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, December 04, 2006 4:25 PM
To: Brian Epstein; (Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Subject: RE: [LF] JCAA/JGPP Lead-Free Solder Project summary

I agree.  But I think we could do better to avoid it the next time
around by carrying on those discussions in political or environmental
forums, since while we're all trying to make this stuff work, the
politicians are busy passing laws about things they don't know enough
about, and the environmentalists are busy influencing politicians to
pass those types of laws.

My point is, (and I should have been clearer in my original response),
that the people we really need to convince this is a bad idea aren't in
this group; they are in political, environmental, and consumer groups.

I suggest we each corner an environmentalist and convince him or her
about the evils of lead-free solder.

'Nough said.

Quintin Larson
Production Engineering