LEADFREE Archives

December 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 2006 14:07:36 -0800
Hi Genny, my submission on the materials concerned does not address the cost
and I never want It  to become an issue when there is an environmental
concern at stake, so I chose "not to go there" on the fact that the solder
is more expensive for lead free and that there are billions of dollars
thrown away.

The bullet points are the commissions questions which you can use as a menu.
If you want to "go there" on the cost be my guest, but I didn't want to give
the commission leverage of cost vs environmental considerations which could
be an "out" if the cost impact is stated too forcefully.

Have a great weekend,

Kind regards,

John Burke

(408) 515 4992