LEADFREE Archives

October 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Rainer Taube <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:17:10 +0200
Hallo Werner,

is your column available online. I looked for it on the Global SMT & Packaging
web site but couldn´t find it. I´m very interested in the data & results.

Best regards and thank you very much for all contributions from you concerning
reliability of PCB´s and PCBA´s.

Rainer Taube
Geschäftsführer
Master IPC Trainer (IPC-A-610)

TAUBE ELECTRONIC GmbH
Design Vertrieb Fertigung
Nostitzstraße 30
10965 Berlin

e-mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel.: ++49 (0)30 69592511
Fax.: ++49 (0)30 6942338
http://www.taube-electronic.de

Werner Engelmaier schrieb:

> Hi Gordon,
> Let's not throw out the baby with the bath water. There clearly are
> significant negative sides to the swith to LF-solders.
> For instance, you may want to look at my column: "Printed Circuit Board
> Reliability: Loss of Life During Soldering" in the current issue of Global SMT &
> Packaging magazine. There I show data that 5 reflow cycles to 215C cause about a
> 33% loss of life of PCB vias, and 3 reflow cycles to 230C a loss of about 50%.
>
> Regards,
> Werner Engelmaier
> Engelmaier Associates, L.C.
> Electronic Packaging, Interconnection and Reliability Consulting
> 7 Jasmine Run
> Ormond Beach, FL 32174 USA
> Phone: 386-437-8747, Cell: 386-316-5904
> E-mail: [log in to unmask], Website: www.engelmaier.com

> (NOT the subject field): SIGNOFF Leadfree To temporarily stop/(start) delivery
> of Leadree for vacation breaks send: SET Leadfree NOMAIL/(MAIL) Search previous
> postings at: http://listserv.ipc.org/archives Please visit IPC web site
> http://www.ipc.org/contentpage.asp?Pageid=4.3.16 for additional information, or
> contact Keach Sasamori at [log in to unmask] or 847-615-7100 ext.2815

Mit freundlichen Grüßen