LEADFREE Archives

April 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
"Douglas, Scott" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:49:41 -0400
Dave,

<IF YOU have another listserve anywhere in the WORLD that is as good as
this IPC LF Listserve, PLEASE let us know. I know of NONE.>

There is one - the EMC-PSTC list server for EMC and Product Safety
regulatory compliance types. Nearly 900 members throughout the world.
Prime focus is safety and EMC of products we make that use electricity.
From time to time there have been questions about WEEE/RoHS and these
are usually referred to the IPC LF listserve. We have similar exchanges
about compliance topics. But we do not usually stray into the
socio-economic discussions as this list has from time to time. We are a
bit more strict so as to maintain the list for just asking and answering
compliance questions. We leave the politics to other venues. We do have
representation on the list from standards makers and we do often ask
questions and provide feedback on standards that then gets passed on to
rule making committees. Often these are explored and incorporated in
standards. That can take years, but it is our best avenue for change.
Would that there was similar representation on this list so we could get
the WEEE/RoHS rule makers to consider the errors of their ways and make
changes that would be useful and beneficial to all.

I enjoy reading the list and following the exchanges, although I must
admit it is a sideline for me.

Regards,
Scott Douglas