LEADFREE Archives

February 2006

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
John Burke <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:40:21 -0800
No problem measuring the resistance real time, it is the same as
Interconnect Stress Testing, but I would never even attempt it on a
"real" product, not practical at all. Are you saying that IST type
measurments are not a valid?

As you say, real products can be very difficult; about all I have ever
managed on a "real" product is an internet switch running a broadcast
storm under thermal cycling and vibration. That will definitely tell you
you have a problem, but then of course you have to go find it.....

John Burke
Senior Manager - Operations , Optichron
W: 510 249 5233
M: 408 515 4992