LEADFREE Archives

July 2002

Leadfree@IPC.ORG

From:
Steve Conley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Leadfree Electronics Assembly Forum)
Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:06:40 -0700
There was a program on NPR (National Public Radio) this morning (Friday
7/19/02) on keeping electronics out of landfills.

It presented two view points; One, a University of Florida study that points
to lead leaching into the soil and groundwater. Second A landfill supervisor
from Palo Alto California that monitors wells surrounding a landfill with
tons of discarded electronics in it. 80% of the wells show no contamination
from lead and the rest show only trace amounts.

You can read the complete article on the web at;
www.npr.org/programs/morning/

It is titled "Electronics Final Cost".

Steve Conley