IPC-600-6012 Archives

June 2010

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2010 18:16:32 -0400
Hey Joey.
There is a long answer but-
2.6.8 intent is RMA.  You want to get a solder column into the through holes to transfer an appropriate amount of heat to the thermal zone.  No through holes?- You're just controlling the thermal impedance at the surface.
(I believe that I'm still allowed to say RMA without Hillman lopping off part of my tongue;  steam aging... that's a different story.)

003 intent is standardized flux activity.
The only place I know to get the standardized flux in small quantities (shipped in the States) is the Brothers O'Brien.  Contact info below.
Flux 1 is for SnPb tests, flux 2 is for Pb-free.  Flux 2 was developed because it needed to be active longer for SAC305(003 alloy of choice)/Alt finishes.

Have a good one,
Chris

John O'Brien
Exec VP
S T and S Group
Ph: 859-353-5914  Cell 1-631-245-0574
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Website: www.standsgroup.com
Blair Park, Rosedale Ave. Richmond KY 40475