IPC-600-6012 Archives

June 2005

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Bob Whitehouse <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:30:39 -0400
Pete

It is more likely that your supplier had a brightner control issue. The T.&
E. is usually run once a month. The brightner could have been out of control
for a very limited amount of time affecting a limited number of lots. The 6
X 550 degrees thermal shock test is a highly effective way of detecting
plating issues. A large percentage of our customers rely on it. That way
every lot is tested.

Bob Whitehouse