IPC-600-6012 Archives

December 2011

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
"Monarchio, James" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 06:49:47 -0800
Joey - this can be a point of contention especially if the customer
doesn't want the boards for some reason. We try to find this at Pre-Prod
Eng before we start the build. Most time we miss it and argue that this
is not applicable in this area since the metal is designed to the edge
of the board.

We discussed this during the rev C meetings - I think this should be
clarified better in the spec and my opinion is that if conductor to edge
spacing does not meeting the guidelines of 2221 then the haloing
criteria should be AABUS. As the distance to the edge of the board gets
less, 3.3.1 becomes meaningless.

Jim