IPC-600-6012 Archives

March 2015

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Russ Shepherd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 20:04:29 +0000
Lance,

Great points thank you.

You brought up another concern that I have regarding dimples.  If there is a second layer of cap plating, like this one, that covers the initial dimple, and it turn flattens it out, does the underlying dimple get evaluated?  My impression (pun) is that the dimple criteria is there for the outer surface flatness and the dimple under the final plate would not affect that.

Russ