IPC-600-6012 Archives

February 2008

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
"Reed, Randy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:51:35 -0800
For those that use bare copper for RF application, I have a few
questions -

Does the RF board have a digital section and is the area a bare copper
final finish?
Do you have any concerns about corrosion or galvanic attack of the bare
copper finish in the PTHs for your applications?

I am trying to understand what cautions IPC-6012 would need for the bare
copper final finish without impacting those that use this finish.

Regards,

Randy Reed
Co-Chair IPC-6012