IPC-600-6012 Archives

July 2004

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:49:55 -0500
Hello All,

I could use a hand in deciphering some text within section 3.6.2.10 of
IPC-6012A which focuses on Plating/Coating Thickness.  The first
sentence reads "Based on microsection examination, or on the use of
suitable electronic measuring equipment, plating coating/thickness shall
meet the requirements of Table 3-2..."

What are the qualifiers for "suitable electronic measuring equipment"?
I've been asked to clarify this sentence by someone interested in
obtaining electronic equipment to verify thickness.

Thanks,

John Perry

Technical Project Manager

IPC