IPC-600-6012 Archives

July 2006

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Susan Hott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:15:45 -0400
It is difficult to unring a bell.  If there are laminate voids anywhere in the coupon that is in the mount, they should be evaluated to determine compliance.  You must rely on the test lab to have separated the individual coupons from the strip and you must rely on the board shop to have separated the strip from the panel in the manner that will not cause defects.  It seems like your reasoning is to "excuse" the presence of laminate voids rather than to have the board shop determine first of all if the voids are in their coupons and secondly how they got there.  It might also be relevant to examine a couple of boards near the coupons on the panel to determine if the voids are present within actual boards on the panel.

Susan Hott
Robisan Lab