IPC-600-6012 Archives

March 2010

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
"Reed, Randy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 2010 09:41:32 -0800
Hi Chris,

Yes the issue was put in the parking lot because the supplier rarely has
access to the designer.  Unfortunately the buyer cannot answer these
types of questions.  When a contract manufacturer is involved, then
getting back to designer is about as tough as Toyota figuring out their
acceleration problem.

When companies provide an avenue for these type of discussions with
their designers, I am confident most suppliers will enter into an AABUS
discussion.

Randy

Randy Reed, CQE
Reliability Lab
Viasystems Group Inc.

503.992.4421-direct  l   503.545.0150-cell