IPC-600-6012 Archives

July 2006

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Denny Cantwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:40:53 -0500
Pete,
Scaling your photos approximately, it seems that the "row" of
rectangular pads in the microsection is the coupon borders.  Measuring
the distance across the row of pads comes up with ~.500 inch, which is
just what it is supposed to be.  The lam voids beyond the "coupon edges"
should not be in the evaluation area.  The microsectioned specimen
should have been cut or hand sanded to the etched coupon borders shown
prior to encapsulation.

Dennis J. Cantwell
R & D Liaison
Printed Circuits, Inc.