IPC-600-6012 Archives

November 2006

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 10:19:53 -0500
Hello group,

We have a customer who is applying a fresh set of eyes to some 6012 details.
He bought ~1000 panels of class 2 product and ask us to perform structural integrity conformance testing.  There are no A-B coupons, so he sent 27 arrays.  We took one board from each array and pulled 4 rows of holes. We do this over sampling in an attempt to level the playing field with coupon work.  For instance there should be (at least) 12- layer 2 or N-1 plating connections to observe...
So anyway, although I don't remember exactly, there was about 20 holes per panel sectioned.
Great lookin boards, but... of the 27, 15 of them exhibited one isolated thin area of plating (a void) and 1 of the 27 had two isolated areas.

Although I have a opinion, I believe that there is not a unique answer to the proper "6012 disposition" of this lot.

Any ideas?  Don't forget section 4.2.2.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Chris Mahanna