IPC-600-6012 Archives

May 2010

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Lance A Auer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2010 15:34:05 -0700
John,

        You're right.   Holes in a doublesided board would be covered as
"Through Holes", the next group listed.

Thanks,
Lance

From:
John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
To:
Date:
05/25/2010 03:12 PM
Re: [IPC-600-6012] New rev C Table 3-3
Sent by:
IPC-600-6012 <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Scott and Everyone,

The more I think about this, the more I am wondering how double-sided
printed boards would be excluded if we just went back to "buried vias > 2
layers"?  There is no such thing as a 2 layer buried via in a double sided
printed board, correct?

John Perry
Technical Project Manager
IPC - Association Connecting Electronics Industries(r)
3000 Lakeside Drive # 309S
Bannockburn, IL 60015-1249 USA
+1 847-597-2818 (tel)
+1 847-615-7105 (fax)