IPC-600-6012 Archives

July 2001

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees <[log in to unmask]>, John Perry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 14:35:48 -0500
Hello fellow subcommittee members,

There is a growing interest within the industry for acceptance criteria for landless holes and vias without pads.  As an example, some are are looking for criteria on how much etching out of the barrel from the board surface is acceptable for PTH's with no external annular ring (landless).

What are everyone's thoughts on this and are we at the point where we can compose something for the future rev of IPC-6012 and A-600?

Best Regards,

John Perry
Technical Project Manager
IPC