IPC-600-6012 Archives

October 2002

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Scott Bowles <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 09:01:38 -0400
Susan,
Sounds like someone is trying to read something into the specification to
justify some questionable product.  The only place I can see where they
might be getting the 3 mil negative etchback is from figure 3-6.  They may
be interpreting the horizontal etching on the top and bottom of the
conductor as a wedge void??  Are they then combining this with Table 3-2 for
buried vias allowing 0.5 mil minimum?  Anyway, I agree with you and I am not
aware of any changes in this direction.
Scott