IPC-600-6012 Archives

February 2011

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Lance A Auer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 11:03:01 -0700
Jack,

        One reason is that specs can change and that might impact your
design.   For example, the default minimum spacing (lateral spacing)
requirement was changed with the recent 6012 revision so that it now only
applies to metal cores.   So instead of a default lateral spacing value of
.004 inch, we are left with only a reference to spacing tolerance, which
is 70% of the design minimum.   Anyone that did not list a minimum spacing
value on their print and counted on the .004 inch default, is affected by
this change, unless the minimum spacing in their design happens to be
.0057 inch.

Lance