IPC-600-6012 Archives

March 2009

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Gordon Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Tue, 24 Mar 2009 06:58:18 -0400
Hello Constantino ,

From the picture it appears the oxidation is on a PWB that's already

assembled. If this is the case I would not expect there to be a problem

with the connections as they were made prior to the oxidation. I'm

assuming the oxidation occurred during a thermal cycle in the assembly

process.

I would have a concern and would recommend testing the adhesion if a

conformal coating to this oxidized surface is required.

If I can be of further assistance please e-mail or call me.

Best Regards

Gordon Sullivan

Sales Engineer

Huntsman Advanced Materials (USA) - Formulated Systems Division

410-963-3930

mailto:[log in to unmask]

original. Any other use of the email by you is prohibited.

Constantino Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by: IPC-600-6012 <[log in to unmask]>

03/23/2009 11:45 PM

Please respond to

"(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)" <[log in to unmask]>

cc

Subject

[IPC-600-6012] Immersion Silver Plated PCAs

What would be the reliability, functional problems, assemblies [PCAs] will

have with oxidized surfaces?  What wil be the disposition? Can they be

salvage?

Picture 105Picture 104

Constantino J. González, ACME, INC.

President / Consultant Engineer - Official IPC MASTER INSTRUCTOR -

IPC-A-610

Committee Chairman

USA Cell Phone: 605-381-5963 - Mexico Cell Phone: 55-2709 - 6392 -

<mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] or  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Skype - acmeinc_cjg

Does your Company need Rework, Repair or Inspection of Electronic

Assemblies

Services.

Do you have too much Rework, Scrap or Rejects from your Customer…..Call

us,

We can help!

GALUSAMEX REPAIR Co.

image003   acme4

This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHICH ALSO

MAY

BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the use of the intended

recipients identified above.  If you are not the intended recipient of

this

communication, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use,

dissemination, distribution, downloading, or copying of this communication

is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error,

please immediately notify us by reply email, delete the communication and

destroy all copies.

[attachment "image005.jpg" deleted by Gordon Sullivan/US/ADVM/HUNTSMAN]

[attachment "image008.jpg" deleted by Gordon Sullivan/US/ADVM/HUNTSMAN]

[attachment "image009.jpg" deleted by Gordon Sullivan/US/ADVM/HUNTSMAN]

[attachment "image010.jpg" deleted by Gordon Sullivan/US/ADVM/HUNTSMAN]