IPC-600-6012 Archives

December 2011

IPC-600-6012@IPC.ORG

From:
Chris Mahanna <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
(Combined Forum of D-33a and 7-31a Subcommittees)
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2011 09:53:48 -0500
It is ambiguous.  I would try to get them to accept edge defect tolerances based upon the minimum design standard.
Assuming of course, that your haloing meets that  requirement.

For the record, I'll vote with Jim on his motion, and I suspect that the ayes will have it.  However, I would be careful how it is worded.  You don't want to get forced into getting an AABUS agreement.
Rather, I'd say that 3.3.1 is only applicable when the design standard is not violated.

Chris