ENVIRONET Archives

June 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Dennis Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 09:09:31 EDT

I just finished Michael Crichton's "State of Fear".  While it is  obviously
slanted against the "global warming doom" crowd and "militant
environmentalism", Crichton does make some good, thought-provoking statements in  his essay at
the end about his personal beliefs, and why he believes them.   Crichton's
example of Russian agriculture in the early 20th century is pretty  obscure to
me, but his recounting of the "scientific theory" of Eugenics in  human being
selection made me stop and think how far that theory carried to the
concentration camps of WW2.

I came away understanding that change on earth is inherent, and reinforced
by Chrichton's statement that mankind is accelerating whatever that change is
becoming.

Denny Fritz
MacDermid

In a message dated 6/14/2007 3:31:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,