ENVIRONET Archives

June 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:29:39 -0500
Brian,

If you want to call yourself a cynic, then go ahead. I only posted the
link to generate some discussion. Whether or not the report has any
value remains to be seen. I am still reading it. But unlike you (who
immediately dismisses it outright), I am looking for other sources that
either corroborates or disproves the information that is contained in
the report before I pass judgement on it. It may turn out that some, or
most of it isn't valid, or it may prove to have some good information
that people should be aware of before they decide to purchase a car.

I guess the first thing that interested me and started me thinking, was
that mere fuel mileage shouldn't be the first thing that one thinks
about when trying to reduce ones carbon footprint when purchasing a
vehicle. There are many other factors in the equation that contribute
greenhouse gases besides just the fuel that the car burns, wouldn't you
agree?

I am not advocating this report. When I learned of it I thought to
myself; "Here's something that I didn't think about before..." and
thought it would be something that might be read by others and discussed
rationally in this forum.

Steve Gregory