ENVIRONET Archives

June 2002

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Steve Gregory <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 20:02:41 EDT
Got it Chuck...thanks!

This presentation by Dr. Turbini further substantiates a presentation done by
some engineers from K-Tec Electronics at the Printed Circuits Expo back in
1999. I have the CD of of the proceedings someplace, and will try and find
it, so that I can share.

Basically, their position was/is the the same as Dr. Turbini, the
alternatives will result in more risk to the environment than if we just left
things alone...

Don't understand why the EU continues to push things the way they do, and why
we here in the US are continuing on in the mindless manner that we are...

My personal opinion is (and I've expressed this on the TechNet), is that
somebody stands to make a lot of money by switching all of us electronic
manufacturers to lead-free...not that it makes environmental sense, somebody
is going to make a lot of money, pure and simple.....pretty sad if you ask
me.

The worst thing is, we're probably all going to be pulled into this maelstrom
no matter what any of us think...

Filling out our EPA TRI reporting paperwork now...sheesh!

-Steve Gregory-