ENVIRONET Archives

January 2002

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EnviroNet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 18:24:49 +0200
An interesting one for heavy-duty uses, Harvey. However, being a cynical
old cuss, I wonder whether it works! They are heavy on words and light
on reproducible facts and figures. What worries me is that they are
talking of using the same technology for other battery types, such as
NiCd, which don't suffer from sulfation. Another potential problem that
I hypothesise is that, for a given average charging current, there will
be losses due to the Debye-Falkenhagen effect which will cause an
increase of temperature for a given number of Ah of actual charge. The
higher the pulse frequency and the lower the mark:space ratio of the
pulse, the greater this problem may be. Always a big problem with non-DC
ionic conduction! Just a thought...

Brian