ENVIRONET Archives

April 2002

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:45:55 EDT
Brian
"Death of Common Sense" by Philip Howard, or any of his writings-- you would
enjoy it.  Joe Fjelstad called my attention to this small volume about
well-intentioned, bureaucratic, legislative idiocy, obviously universal.
Howard is a lawyer, part of a group whose mission is to pro-actively fight
it.  It's something we all have to do.

Fighting lead-free solder is one front.  And that something I'd like to see
some organizations do, instead of holding lead-free conferences.  That is
giving in to the idiocy.  You know, intellectual integrity must be defined as
not compromising with something that you know is wrong.  They should remember
the "good" Germans who went along.

Harvey Miller