ENVIRONET Archives

November 2004

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 2004 14:16:48 +0200
I knew Eileen Claussen when she was with the US EPA in the Clinton
Administration and I know she has her head firmly screwed onto her
shoulders. This book is probably very factual.

Brian

Climate Change:
Science, Strategies, and Solutions, Pew Center on Global Climate Change,
Eileen Claussen, Executive Editor, 2001, paperback, 90 04 12276 1, USD
65
http://www.earthprint.com/go.htm?to=BRILL004

  It is the greatest environmental challenge of the 21st Century. But
what do we truly know about global climate change? And what can we do
about it? Most of the world's top scientists agree that emissions of
carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases from human activities such as
industrial processes, fossil fuel combustion, and land-use changes are
causing the earth to get warmer. Impacts of this warming may include
damage to our coastal areas, accelerated rates of species loss, altered
agricultural patterns, and increased incidences of infectious diseases.
The effects of climate change - and efforts to mitigate climate change -
could also have substantial economic ramifications.

The book presents the latest research and analysis from prominent
scientists, economists, academics, and policy-makers. Climate Change:
Science, Strategies, and Solutions is essential reading for anyone with
an interest in the state of our global environment.