ENVIRONET Archives

August 2003

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:06:41 +0300
Joe

Cynically, the choice of substances was made by putting the 92 natural
elements into a hat and drawing out the names of those that suited them!
Of course, could you imagine the outcry of banning GaAs? I don't know
the answers to your questions, but the commission formed for the purpose
was, I understand, formed of politicians and their advisors
(bureaucrats). Their deliberations were done without the aid of
qualified scientists, as I understand it. They have openly admitted that
no scientific risk assessment was done, on the grounds that it would
have been too expensive.

Brian