ENVIRONET Archives

February 2002

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Debbie Kenney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
EnviroNet <[log in to unmask]>, Debbie Kenney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:33:33 -0800
I am looking for information specific to possible lead exposure to pregnant
operators that are manually applying solderpaste to PCB's for assembly and
also these same operators that are hand soldering with a soldering iron. We
have fume extractors for the hand soldering and our operators wear finger
cots when pushing solderpaste.

How do I determine the possible lead exposure to the unborn child?
What are companies doing to ensure the safety of their operators that are
doing mostly manual assembly operations?

This is my first opportunity as a Safety officer for an assembly company.
Any help/ recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Debbie Kenney
Engineer
M-Flex / AMT
Direct  (714) 688-5242