ENVIRONET Archives

December 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, Brian Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:34:27 +0200
Nobody blames the USA for being a major party to climate change because
a great deal of the cause happened before it was known or even
suspected. What the USA is blamed for is not acknowledging that they are
making a large contribution towards it, now that we do know, and, above
all, doing nothing whatsoever to curb the annual increase of their
emissions, let alone reduce them as many other countries are trying to do.

Just to prove that you are wrong, CFC and other ozone-depleting
emissions were also very largely an American problem but the Americans
were also one of the major leaders in reducing them, at least up to the
last few years when "ozone-fatigue" set in (the USA is still the largest
user and emitter of methyl bromide and n-propyl bromide, both
ozone-depleters, and have reduced their emissions of MeBr proportionally
less than any other country in the world).

Brian

--
Please note new e-mail address [log in to unmask]