ENVIRONET Archives

April 2007

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, MA/NY DDave <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2007 10:45:00 -0500
Hi Joe, Harvey, Chuck and CA people,

Poking around and found the following and thought of where you and my
daugher, niece, etc live.

==================
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NasaNews/2007/2007032824633.h
tml

March 28, 2007

GOLDEN STATE HEATING UP, NEW NASA/UNIVERSITY STUDY FINDS

Average temperatures in California rose almost one degree Celsius (nearly two
degrees Fahrenheit) during the second half of the 20th century, with urban
areas blazing the way to warmer conditions, according to a new study by
scientists at NASA and California State University, Los Angeles.
===

This came from NASA where you can read more news releases.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/
==================

Tounge in cheek, does this mean CA has been warming up on a long term
trend line or am I missing something.

OK You guys need an earthquake or something like Dust, to throw that trend
line downward. Maybe you have to repeal Clean Air.

===================
Also of interest to me was the following one. Other reports I have recently
read told me that the ice sheet has been substantially increasing thickness in
the center.

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Newsroom/NasaNews/2007/2007040324675.h
tml

April 3, 2007

NASA FINDS ARCTIC REPLENISHED VERY LITTLE THICK SEA ICE IN 2005

A new NASA study has found that in 2005 the Arctic replaced very little of the
thick sea ice it normally loses and replenishes each year. Replenishment of this
thick, perennial sea ice each year is essential to the maintenance and stability
of the Arctic summer ice cover.

I was going to post on a few other things yet decided not.

YiEngr, MA/NY DDave
Yours in Engineering, Dave