ENVIRONET Archives

January 2004

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Chuck Dolci <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 11:59:52 -0800
I read the transcript of the Gore speech, Had a good laugh. Of course you cannot challenge something
like that or counter it with facts because it is just the rantings of an out of work politician.

I had a good chuckle where he says "I don’t think there is any longer a credible basis for doubting
that the earth’s atmosphere is heating up because of global warming." Well I guess he's right there,
IF the globe is heating up it must be because it is heating up.  Can't argue with logic like that.

Of course he must not have read the IPCC Technical Summary that acknowledged, but danced around the
fact, that actual, observed temperature increases do not match the models upon which the entire
global climate change/warming scenario is based.

"These models cannot yet simulate all aspects of climate (e.g. they still cannot account fully for
the observed trend in the surface-troposphere temperature differences since 1979) Clouds and
humidity also remain sources of significant uncertainty ...." from page 54 of the Technical Summary
of the TAR, See http://www.ipcc.ch/pub/wg1TARtechsum.pdf

In other words, the IPCC acknowledge that the observed data from reliable sources, radar and daily
radio sonde readings (which began in 1979), show NO general increase in earth temperatures, and that
it conflicts with what their models say SHOULD be happening but isn't, and then they refuse to deal
with it and just ignore it.

And then Gore refers to this myth that "there is actually a broad-based consensus" on global climate
change/warming. There is not. Of course, there are those who want to characterize the large number
of climate change critics as being "luddite" or even worse "just American scientists" (even though
there are many non-American scientists who have been critical of the climate change hysteria, but
they are just luddites so they don't count). But they are critics and they are scientists just the
same so one can not say there is a consensus. If Gore had any inclination to be truthful he would
have to say "There is general consensus among those scientists and psuedo-scientists who believe in
man-made global climate change that there is man-made global climate change."

One question, though. Since he and his buddy, what's his name, had power for 8 years, why didn't
they do anything about it? When ole' what's his name signed the Kyoto Treaty why didn't he submit it
to the U.S. Senate for ratification? Why didn't THEY "get mercury out of the environment" when they
had control?

I particularly found his attack against "wealthy right-wing ideologues" to be a side-splitter. What
about wealthy left-wing ideologues like Gore. Here's a guy who grew up in wealth and in the lap of
luxury. Never had a real job his entire life (alright - he actually worked for a newspaper one
summer). Or can those on the left never be ideologues? They sure as heck have the wealth.

Chuck Dolci

--
Charles F. Dolci
Director - Business Continuity and EH&S Programs