ENVIRONET Archives

February 2005

EnviroNet@IPC.ORG

From:
Joe Fjelstad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Environmental Issues <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 10:35:57 EST
Hi Dave,

You are right to be worried but sounds as though you are taking the right
steps As a "baby boomer" father and grandfather, I share your concerns.

The "boomer's" started out as idealists but seem to have lost the  message.
Now it seems to be more about living forever and  consuming as must of the
wealth as possible in the process. The attitude  has been picked up and magnified
by Gen-X.

Gandhi's suggestion that we  "Live simply so that others can simply  live"
seems to me to be an elegant formula for setting a life  course. It does not
suggest to me that one must become a Luddite, only that  one live mindful their
individual actions their impact on the future and  make thoughtful choices

Best wishes,
Joe